Pages

Thursday, 23 May 2013

The difficult second post

I had some trouble trying to think of what to write for this post, because my life still consists of endlessly refreshing Instagram and trying to revise. However, I thought this blog would look weird with only one  post on it though, so I figured I would try to write something.

On Saturday it was the last episode of Doctor Who until FRIGGIN' NOVEMBER (I don't know how I'm going to cope without it). I haven't enjoyed this series quite as much as the last few, Amy and Rory are still my favourite companions and felt like Clara didn't have a very definite character apart from being 'the impossible girl'. Nevertheless, it was still Doctor Who, and there were some seriously good (and scary) episodes. I loved the last episode, even though I was kind of frustrated we didn't actually find out the doctor's name, because I felt like all the adverts were promising that. I liked how Clara fits in to the story, and the involvement of the doctor's 'gang' always makes for good viewing. It was one of the few episodes which genuinely terrified me, and I actually cannot wait for the 50th anniversary special, roll on November...

I have also developed Gatsby fever, in anticipation of finally being able to see the film next week I have bought the soundtrack and started reading the book. I read quite a few negative reviews for it, but Baz Luhrmann is one of my all time favourite directors, (Moulin Rouge is one of the only films to make me cry) and to me any of his films are worth going to see, just because they are so visually beautiful.

I think that is all the interesting stuff I can extract from my life  for now. Time to find another way of putting off revision...

8 comments:

  1. It's so annoying that they keep cutting the Dr Who series short! Oh, well, November's only 7 MONTHS away. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Why do they have to do all the series in halves? Thank god they're always on repeat

      Delete
  2. Ooh, have you managed to see Gatsby yet? I saw it last week (because Baz Luhrmann is all kinds of incredible and Romeo + Juliet is one of my favourite films ever ever) and I had mixed opinions on it, but it looked so stunning, as always where King Baz is concerned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have! I am literally just about to do a post on it, it wasn't perfect but I did like it more than I expected to, and it was incredibly beautiful!

      Delete
  3. I loved the finale! It was great- especially the Doctor/River scenes. I can't WAIT for the 50th Anniversary Special :D

    http://unlockingpandorasbox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete