Pages

Friday, 28 June 2013

Prom

Greetings fellow internet dwellers! I am currently writing this post from school, because I have an absolute ton of work to do, so instead I decided to blog while listening to Lana Del Rey.

 
 
 
My brain and body feel ike total mush at the moment, due to the general school-ish ness of my life at the moment. On Wednesday night it was my school's prom, where I learnt two things-
 
1. I should never consume copious amounts of red wine
 
2. When I'm drunk, I really, really love dancing. Like, I  totally go for it, even if I'm embarassing myself
 
Overall, it was a fun evening, although my legs still hurt from all the dancing. School the next day was interesting, as pretty much all my teachers witnessed me grinding and slut-dropping to Mama Do the Hump, in a dress which was not designed for quite such enthusiastic dancing. Not that they were any better to be honest though.
 
I still don't get why people go so mental about prom though. Don't get me wrong, it was seriously fun, and I would recommend going to it, but I don't get how people get so worked up about preparing for it. I bought a new dress, but I wore shoes that I already had, and did all my own hair and makeup. To be honest when you're dancing, you seriously don't care that your eyeliner is halfway down your face, or that your shoes are coated in mud because you tried to mount a plastic cow (don't ask...).
 
This post has been kind of short, I only have half an hour to do this before I get kicked out of blogger. Damn you school internet blocking.....


6 comments:

  1. I completely get what you mean! I did like my prom, but it wasn't the 'best thing everrrrr!!!' as some people make out!
    I'm glad you had such a good time :)
    Ella x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks for agreeing with me! You seem to be about the only person who does though...

      Delete
  2. This post made me laugh, I completely agree with you about the build up of a prom - they should be more about dancing & having fun than spending lots of money on accessories and outfits that you only wear once!! :) Lovely blog - now following!
    Rachael x
    Rachaeleeno | Beauty, Fashion & Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes most people get far to stressed in the build up to prom. Thanks for following!

      Delete
  3. Wow I love your blog so much, you are really funny! My school ball is coming up and I totally agree about the big deal thing - it's really just one night. Drinking a copious amount of red wine does sound fun though - I doubt I'll have any interesting experiences like that :(

    http://myperpetualperplexities.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much :) hmm it probably would have been more fun had the teachers not been there. Never mind, I'm sure you'll have a seriously good time at your prom, because its always the people who are the least bothered about it who have the most fun :)

      Delete