Pages

Sunday, 14 July 2013

Finally returned

Hello again. I have been on holiday for ten days, which was nice, apart from the 30 insect bites I got, the unbearable heat, spending the last day vomiting, and the fact that I am now completely out of kilter with television and internet happenings. So maybe not that nice.

I also stumbled across this recently.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-first-ever-car-of-Dr-Whos-Matt-Smith-Vauxhall-Corsa-aka-The-Shed-/151078388808?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item232cf94448

Seeing as I am seventeen in 3 days and will be able to learn to drive, this would have been the best if most unreasonable birthday present ever.

Also could someone please tell me how to make a banner for my blog? I've been meaning to do it for a while now but to be honest I still don't know how blogger works.

3 comments:

  1. Ah, I'm sure your holiday was ok..
    Banner wise - this is how I did it. It is a bit of a primitive method, but worked for me.

    1) Find a picture, words whatever, and arrange them on Microsoft Word in the way you want.
    2) When you've sorted out the arrangement, print screen the page, and paste into Paint.
    3) Crop the print screen, so only your pictures/words are there. Copy the image using the select tool and clicking Ctrl+C.
    4) Open another page of paint. Make the page into the right size for your banner. The easiest way to get the right canvas size is to go on blogger, click on your blog name, go onto the 'template' tag on the left hand side, click 'customise', go on 'adjust widths', and see how wide your entire blog is. If like mine, it is 1260px, then on Paint make the width of the canvas this wide. If you look at the top and left side, there are little numbers that tell you how big your page is. Adjust it so it is the right width. The height doesn't really matter, I'd suggest about 400px.
    5) Paste your pictures/words from before onto the banner size. If it is too big, and stretches the size you made the canvas, then go back to the word page, and zoom out, then go back and do the steps again.
    6) Save your banner on Paint.
    7) Go onto blogger. Click onto your blogs name, and then down the left hand side, click the tab that says layout.
    8)Where it says 'Header', click edit. Click 'choose image' from your computer, and select the one that you made in Paint.
    9) Click ' instead of title and description'. Then click save.
    10) See how it looks on your blog.

    So yeah, that's how I did it. Sorry if the instructions are too complicated. I'm not very good at explaining things. I'm sure there's an easier method, but I don't know it.
    I hope I've helped!
    Ella x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the explanation! I will have to find a free day to try it x

      Delete