Pages

Wednesday, 14 August 2013

Blegh

Okay. So it is currently half past eleven at night, and I am still awake, thinking how amazing/annoying it is that school can still get you down even when you're on holiday. 

It's results day tomorrow (as my phone has ceaselessly been reminding me), and I am kind of dreading it. Not because I think I've done badly, but because I have no idea how I've done. I literally can't even guess, and therefore I have no idea what I should be preparing myself for, which is possibly worse than preparing for the worst. 

I do know that having bad exam results isn't the end of the world. It just means that I may have to take a different path in life, which is also fine. But my school seems not to think that, as I have learned from all the careers advice i have received telling me that i would enjoy being a lawyer or a dentist. So I know that if I do badly I'll have to face certain people pitying me unnecessarily, which is something I absolutely cannot stand. 

The whole concept of results day is kind of horrible as well. Ideally I would like to read my results in private, so I can let them sink in, rather than having people jostling you insisting to know how you've done before you've had a chance to compose yourself.

On a brighter note, it is also Ana Matronic's 39th birthday today. So yeah, happy birthday awesome lady.

Anyway, thank you for reading my late night incomprehensible grumblings. It feels nice to have written this, although trying to sleep probably would have been a more useful thing to do.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your results! I'm sure you'll do just fine xx

    http://www.unlockingpandorasbox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete