Pages

Tuesday, 20 May 2014

thoughts n things

Pat Benatar was my favourite when I was about twelve and played a lot of guitar hero. I recently rediscovered her music and had a wonderful wave of nostalgia.

 


I am currently trying to figure out what to write for my yearbook page. At one point I was tempted just to use kanye west quotes for everything but then I got worried no one would understand and I would just look kinda strange. The whole thing is kind of annoying me. Like its meant to be fun but the other day our teacher told us we weren't putting the right stuff in there. Like she wants us to put cutesy things about all our favourite memories and those annoying fake marilyn monroe quotes. My school is so horribly lame. I'm leaving on friday thank god.
Me and my friend returned to the creepy abandoned building I posted about before. This time we found a load of other rooms, most of which were empty apart from one which had a box of old books, a creepy photo of some children and a dead pigeon. We tried to figure out what happened that those three objects turned up in a room together, but we couldn't come up with anything. Anyway, we each took a book from the box and I took the picture. I haven't got round to starting reading the book, which is a collection of Indian myths,but I read the preface and scanned through the illustrations because I am a child haha.
 


WHO EVEN ARE THESE CHILDREN AND WHY WAS THEIR PHOTO LEFT IN AN ABANDONED BUILDING
Today, after feeling stressed and annoyed and like my head was going round in circles for weeks I felt I needed to do something to clear my head. A few months ago, I bought some tarot cards after seeing a video about card reading on Rookie and though it looked like a cool thing to do. I find that most people (in my experience at least) are unfairly dismissive of tarot cards and other kinds of divination. Ok sure I have only done one reading, and maybe the whole premise is a bit 'wishy washy' for all you sensible mature people or whatever but it has helped me make sense of the things I am feeling in a way I could not have done otherwise. Something about seeing your situation not as something abstract which whirls confusingly around your own head but as divided into different factors, internal and external, past and present makes everything make sense. Or at least it does for me. Also card reading is open to a lot of interpretation, so its not like the cards tell you exact events which will absolutely happen. They are just there to help you clarify your own thoughts and situation, which is something I have needed really bad recently.
 
Anyway, I hope all of you are doing okay. Especially if you have exams now or at some point in the future, don't beat yourself up about them too much. Be nice to yourselves ok?

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my. That is absolutely almost definitely what happened. I do pity the pigeon though, it probably didn't deserve that. Haha thank you x

      Delete
  2. Pat Benatar is so great! And wow, I can't even believe you went back into that house (!!!) but that book is amazing, the drawings look so beautiful. There are actually some tarot cards in Rookie Yearbook 2 so maybe I should dig them out, you've inspired me. Enjoy your last week as a school child!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess she is omg. Thank you I am looking forward to actually reading it. Yeah do it, although the cards in yearbook 2 sadly are not a full set but you can buy decks at waterstones. I will!

      Delete
  3. wtf that is so eerie - i agree with emma's interpretation though, makes sense

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh omg I bought this vinyl of Pat Benatar a few years ago (its called Get Nervous, the album art rules!). Its cool to play when you wanna feel like a bad ass rock star while your studying for exams. The Indian artwork is quite mesmerizing! Omg that creepy photo looks like something out of a Meadham Kirchoff lookbook for ghost children. Man a Kanye West Quote why didn't i think of that?? I was thinking of using a Smith Westerns quote but just gave up :/. At least we are free yayyy! :)

    ReplyDelete