Pages

Monday, 20 October 2014

a real and genuine apology for neglect with picture commentary

i am feeling very drained right now. I arrived at university two weeks ago and so far the experience has been one of emotional and work related stress. not all bad, but all very extreme, unlike the relaxing monotony of the summer holidays. i have not had time for so many things i love (watching tv, blogging, staring into space, working on my now-a-bit-dead zine which i promise i will revive at some point) because i am now a Practical and Responsible Adult who doesn't spend  all day lying in bed thinking about death and eating cereal. my own thoughts mostly consist of panic and excitement about twin peaks returning so here are some pretty pictures which have been making me think nice things.


NO REALLY READ THIS ARTICLE

*strokes screen* 'look at the pretty'



at university there are so many buildings which look like something from a david lynch film. especially the library, which is an old grand building with a very modern extension tacked onto it. its always silent, and people just seem to appear from nowhere. i got lost in there late at night and had to ring my sister because i was scared i was going to be trapped in some sort of black lodge-esque scenario for ever and ever.




something which has been occurring to me a lot (i swear I'm not fixated on death, honest!1!), especially since i am around new people. i think i managed to suss out how everyone at school would feel, so now I'm thinking about how it would impact people here, who don't know me very well. i find its a very good way to figure out how you feel about people. 


still trying to figure out how i feel about rats. i dislike the idea of them infesting where i live but also if you have pet ones you can teach them tricks, which would be pretty funky.


I'm going through a bit of a cartoon obsession at the moment. I've always wanted to get into creating cartoons because i have a lot of small thoughts which would suit the format but I've never figured out how i could do it.

6 comments:

  1. This was a really cool post- I badly want to finish watching Twin Peaks soon and that David Lynch quote is amazing. I get what you're saying about having snippets of conversations/sentences that would go really well into a cartoon and they seem like a lot of fun to make; Victoria from: www.rockpapermisc.blogspot.com/ makes really cool and funny comics.

    //kani
    velveteenstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg finish twin peaks its so so good. haha yeah its a really good way of communicating small thoughts, i will check hers out!!

      Delete
  2. I'm really looking forward to going to uni! i hope it all works out ok for you :)

    www.miriamwoodburn.blosgpot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank u! i hope you have a fun time when it comes :)

      Delete
  3. damn! Kyle MacLachlan sure looks good in teal! *stares inappropriately long at his photo*. Good luck with college! I know what you mean. there's so much work to juggle and a few weeks ago midterms interrupted my twin peaks binge watching streak. Last night i watched the Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou and Kings of the Summer back to back and almost forgot what it felt like to watch a good movie because its been such a long time since i could just chill and do that. Have you ever watched Making Fiends on http://makingfiends.com/ (i don't reccomend the nicktoons version you must check out the website) Its this really cute, creepy, and hilarious cartoon web series i think you might like. love all the photos and the gif. Ive been thinking alot about death too and it really scares me because im the youngest and scientifically speaking I'll be the last one to die in my family and before that i will watch my family members die before me... Will my funeral be small like Eleanor Rigby's in the song by The Beatles? (yo where are the scientists at with the immortality potions for real tho? inside im all" dont leave meh mommeh and papah!! :/ ) lol good luck with everything im sending you good vibes.

    styleriottt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. daaamn but kyle maclachlan looks good in pretty much everything lets be honest. omg i know I'm barely finding time to fit in doing all the work let alone have time to myself to watch tv/films/read. Omg that happened to me tonight! I watched blue velvet and it was just like whah, whats happening? why am i not frantically trying to finish something. omg i will so check that out. omg i know!! like i worry too much about my own funeral. i know ill be dead for it but still what if its really lame? i want at least 200 people, all in black and crying hysterically. thank u <3 good luck with all your work too!!

      Delete