Pages

Saturday, 3 January 2015

new year, new choice of typeface (and not a lot else)

2014 was, by default, always going to be at least mediocre owing to my car-crash of a 2013 which probably could not have been worse. it wasn't much more than that though. it was a year where things happened, important but dull things which needed to happen at some point, i.e. exams, university applications, reorganising myself, mentally and physically. a transition, experimentation year (as i correctly identified in my 2013 review post. go me). there were some not so pleasant revelations about myself, things about myself that i wanted to change and improve, formulating more clearly what i wanted for myself. i realised the things i want take hard work, are sometimes awkward to make happen, and inevitably involve some kind of conflict. 

it is with this perhaps misleadingly positive mindset that i approach 2015. i am determined to make things happen this year, more so than normal. although tbh i can never remember to what extent i feel like this at the beginning of every year, probably just as i feel now. ah well. i will continue under the delusion that this determination is unprecedented so that maybe this will be the Year of Improvement and Success

RESOLUTIONS
  • get a job ffs
  • better posture, more confidence, fake it til you make it
  • keep up journal, draw and write more
  • work hard for exams (sadly necessary)
  • more honesty, selective vulnerability?
  • start dying/cutting own hair
  • put yourself forward for more stuff - auditions, castings, applications
  • act, speak like you know you're interesting - be better company
  • speak up, stop mumbling
  • spend less time feeling sorry for yourself, making excuses. get stuff done.



went for a walk in a forest. it was freezing, but so so sunny, and completely blissfully silent. for a split second, my dog looked photogenic and i managed to get a picture before he ran after a squirrel


a v bad quality picture of my favourite bit of my room - inspiration pictures, hair ties, favourite necklace, and yeah, a framed postcard of jean paul gaultier.

exploring my town, i found the cemetery behind my house which has exceptional views over the rest of the town. had a very beautiful walk just before it shut and took 100000 pictures most of which turned out horribly blurry but here are some nice ones







some songs to match my hopeful-for-the-new-year mood/general music i like currently. i hope all you are having a nice january and feeling good about 2015 xoxo









14 comments:

  1. this whole post was so lovely to read, i particularly feel like i can relate to a lot of your resolutions. the pictures you took with your dog are so visually pleasing, the way the light is streaming through gives off these heavenly, sort of enchanted feel. sending you lots of love and positive vibes for 2015 flossa!

    http://vogueescapade.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! yeah thats what i thought when i saw it, i made my dog stand there so i could get a picture of him looking magical haha. <333

      Delete
  2. That forest picture is my favourite, with the sun coming over the branches. And 2015 will be good for you, you deserve it :) *positive vibes for 2015* xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yayaya thank you!! *returns positive vibes*

      Delete
  3. love love love the pictures! those resolutions sound super solid. YOU GO GIRL <3 have a great 2015

    Claire
    www.augustlikethemonth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. woo thanks!! yesssss 2015 will be a good year i can fEEL it xo

      Delete
  4. Your resolutions are so on point. Aww ur dog is so cute! Graveyards are one of the most creepy yet beautiful/serene places on earth. I loved the photos you took and how you can see the color gradients in the sky. Your room set up is so cool (tell Jean I said Hi :P)! Oooh thanks for introducing me to The Walkmen! I love Best Coast and Gambino obvi and I forgot how much i loved the Gossip. I promised myself I'd listen to all the songs before winter break ends. :) Omg have you read the Because The Internet script? it is deep as fuq.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! haha i know i feel so ***dark + mysterious yet cool*** walking round them. haha thank you! somehow i want to transfer all the decorations in my current room to my university room but thats not possible ashjdnalfkvl. awww yes beth ditto is my idol currently i love her look and her voice and general vibe. oh man no i haven't! i will though, that album is so damn good.

      Delete
  5. we are so connected i swear. i also need to get a job ffs and like everything else on your list. your posts always make me want to make more posts like this i feel like i've been so closed off lately. hell yeah 2015

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *blushes* aw yay I feel like the easiest posts to do are the ones where i just write down feelings but it can feel weird posting them. <3

      Delete
  6. ok I fell so in love with your blog, your aesthetics, photography, style and taste in music everything just <3<3
    also your resolutions touched my soul, they are goals xx

    happy new year !!!
    nurinek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eek thank you! happy new year to you too <3333

      Delete
  7. your blog is like stepping into a dream x also i nominated you for the liebster award

    http://interestingrosie.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ditto to Rosie again, so did I (nominate you for a Liebster, I mean!) :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete