Pages

Sunday, 20 September 2015

blogger interview tag

it me again! I'm currently in deep relaxation at home, having just returned from bestival on the Isle of Wight. it was absolutely incredible (I SAW MISSY ELLIOT. IN THE FLESH. LIVE. MOVING. SHES WAS ELECTRIFYING) and exhausting and wonderful. I'm normally not a very adventurous person and i hate going outside of my normal routine and tents and not having access to a shower so I'm a) glad i coped and b) slightly shocked i enjoyed myself. I might do a proper post about it at a later date, when i have the disposables developed from there (I took a single picture on my phone of charlie xcx, and a very shaky video of duran duran to show my mum).

anyway. i'm back home now. back to playing endless sporcle quizzes (i can name all the US states and countries of asia and africa), dodgy baking experiments and watching the evening news from under a blanket.

the main point of this post is that i got tagged in the blogger interview tag by victory (thank your amazing person) a bit ago so i feel i should do this. also i find it easier to blog when i have a prompt/im an egomaniac who loves being asked questions about myself.


What advice would you give to a blogger just starting out?
(sidenote: i find it honestly weird to refer to myself as a 'blogger'. it sounds too much like do this for a job or some shit. i prefer the term  'online oversharer' but never mind.) Honestly, find something you want to talk about it, and just talk about it. Don't feel pressured to keep to a schedule, or have an overarching theme to your posts (I've had this one for over 2 years and I've got no idea what its about lmao). Use your blog as a way to talk about your feelings, opinions, explore your confusion or boredom. Also it's perfectly normal to feel murderously embarrassed by your old posts, and its up to you whether you want to delete them or leave them as evidence of your 'former self'. Also everyone on here is friendly, and leaves wonderful comments on all your rambling shit. Don't be shy. 

What would be your dream campaign?
I don't... really understand this question? at all? so I'm going to say *nonchalantly tosses hair* i don't know.

Do you have a plan for your blog?
Not a coherent one. I'd like to post more, maybe share some more stuff I've created outside of this (/actually create something outside of this first lol) but mostly just to keep going. I know I want to communicate with more people on here as well, make more friendships and connections. I feel like I've fallen out of that scene a bit as of late but i really want to get back into it because you're all wonderful and creative and inspiring.

What do you think about rankings?
Uh, not sure. Like obviously popularity doesn't denote quality, and everyone just reads what they wants to read don't they? I find of all online spaces the blog world isn't really too affected by rankings or trying to aggressively get more followers, but maybe I'm not sufficiently at the centre of all this to be able to tell. also are there actually official blog rankings? is this a big thing? are these all really stupid questions?

ok now i have to tag people:

Emma at blog
/also anyone else who happens to fancy doing this

aand thats it for this uncharacteristically short post! i am going back to university in a few weeks so i will maybe, probably not post for a while, because i will (/might) be too busy livin' man. In the meantime, I've been caught up in a flurry of seeing people before we all go back, and wondering what the hell I've achieved since I came home in June.

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love reading these from my favourite "online oversharers" so thank you!

    WonderGoth

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope bestival was the BEST ha im sorry it's really hot here that's as far as my sense of humour goes rn. thanks for tagging me man ! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BRO THANKS also the name itself is a pun on best/festival so i feel your pun isin fact very apt

      Delete